Why Shoot anything?
When I first started buying domains for my photo business almost 20 years ago I began with, if I remember correctly, Shoot Stock. This was followed by Shoot Candids and various others. So when I decided that I needed a site for my written word works I naturally chose Shoot Stories.
The original idea was to complement the image collection that I had built and to then produce books. However, travel and photo projects got in the way of this and it is only now that I have been able to create time between projects in order to produce written works.
These are of four types:
- Fiction and flash fiction (stories based on notes that I have made over many years)
- Photo books (portfolios of images with text)
- Travel books (places, food, people around the world)
- Technical books (reviews of equipment or software
Of the 20 or so domains that I purchased over the years I plan to rationalise these and to create new, fresher websites for the following:
- Alan Skyrme Gallery (art and Fine Art photography)
- Shoot Froot (fruit and food images including the Shoot Acai website)
- Shoot Stock (Nature and Travel images)
- Shoot Stories (the written word site!)
Times change and one must remain attentive to real customer-focused business needs. Plans need to be reviewed.